History of Sophie the Giraffe why is she such a huge worldwide success? Sophie la Giraffe is perfectly designed as baby’s first toy, stimulating each of the five senses from the age of 3 months:
WHY SOPHIE THE GIRAFFE IS THE PERFECT FIRST TOY FOR BABY!
- Sight: At the age of 3 months, a baby’s eyesight is still limited and he can only make out high contrasts. The dark and contrasting attention catching spots all over Sophie la girafe’s body provide visual stimulation and she soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object
- Hearing: Sophie la girafe’s squeaker keeps a baby amused and stimulates his hearing. To begin with, the funny sound Sophie makes when she is squeezed helps to stimulate baby’s hearing, and then later, helps him to understand the link between cause and effect.
- Taste: Sophie la girafe is made of 100% natural rubber and food paint, and is completely safe to chew, just like a feeding bottle teat. Her soft texture and numerous chewable parts (ears, horns, legs), make her perfect for soothing a baby’s sore gums during teething.
- Touch: Touch is the first means a baby has of communicating with the outside world. Sophie la girafe’s soft feel, like a baby’s mother’s skin, stimulates physiological and emotional response that soothe and promote healthy growth and well-being.
- Smell: The singular scent of natural rubber from the Hevea tree makes Sophie la girafe very special and easy for your child to identify amid all his other toys.
- Easy to grip: Sophie la girafe’s shape and 18 cm (7 inches) size are perfect for a baby’s small hands. She is very light, and her long legs and neck are easy for a baby to grip, even from his earliest days.